Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I wanted to make a roasted garlic bread with cheese and couldn't find a recipe I liked, so I sort of made one up by combining a couple I found on the internet and after tweaking a little it turned out pretty good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 4 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 10 -15 roasted garlic cloves
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed (or as recommended by your machine's manufacturer). Select dough cycle and press start.
- When complete, turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, then divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into a round or oval loaf, put on a greased pan and let rise until about double.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Cool on wire racks at least 15 minutes before slicing. Great served with a steak dinner or as an appetizer with dipping oil.
This was a very simple and quick recipe that was perfect for the frozen garlic cloves that I had on hand. Made wonderful bread. Thanks for sharing.
My family thought this bread was pretty good. With all of the wonderful ingredients in this bread, I was a little disappointed that the flavors were not very detectable. Next time, I think that I would double the garlic, cheese, and thyme amounts to make the flavors more pronounced. This bread was easy to make and went together very quickly. Thanks for sharing.