Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Life's Ambrosia.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml lemon juice, divided
- kosher salt
- 439.41 g can garbanzo beans, juice reserved
- 29.58 ml tahini
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the top of the bulb of garlic to expose the cloves beneath, but do not peel the garlic, you want to roast it in the skin. Place clove on a piece of aluminum foil, place butter on top, pour lemon juice over the garlic and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bring up all sides of aluminum foil and twist together to close. Cook for 60 minutes or until garlic cloves are soft and golden in color. Allow to cool.
- When the garlic is cool enough to touch, use a fork to remove the cloves and add them to the food processor. Next add garbanzo beans, tahini and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. Add 3 tablespoons of reserved garbanzo bean juice. Puree. If you would like a thinner dip, add a little more of the reserved juice.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, stir in kosher salt.
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add minced garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds or until fragrant but not browned. Pour garlic oil into hummus. Stir. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve.
- Scoop up with veggies, pita chips or a spoon and enjoy!
Garlic is supposedly tied to longivity. You're gonna live and thrive forevah, darlin'. Made for Spring PAC 2012.