Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I discovered hummus about 3 years ago. I had never even heard of it before. All it took was one time to eat it to know that I had really been missing something so delicious! I looked at several different recipes for it, then experimented with different ingredients, such as sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, etc. I think the roasted garlic is my favorite. Hummus can be made with or without the tahini, and still be delicious! :)
- To roast garlic, cut about 1/4" from top of head to expose garlic cloves. Wrap in foil, but before you close the foil, drizzle a little bit of olive oil onto the garlic.
- Close tightly and roast in 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until garlic cloves are soft. Let cool.
- Squeeze garlic pods into food processor. Add tahini, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice, water, and optional cayenne. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Place in serving dish, making a well in the middle, and pour remaining olive oil into well. Garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Serve cold with warm pita chips.