Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My wife LOVES this stuff. Quick and easy, it's great with pita bread or crackers.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canchick peas garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- Cut top off garlic bud and discard.
- Coat top of remaining bud with butter and wrap in foil.
- Bake in oven at 375 F for approx 45 minute.
- Remove from oven, open foil and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine garbanzo beans, yogurt, lemon juice, oil, salt, cumin and allspice.
- Squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves into the mixture.
- Process until smooth.
YUM! I love roasted garlic, and I loved this hummus, especially since it has no tahini. Not everyone was so enthralled, though, but they are well-known garlic haters! :) This will definitely be made again. Thanks for posting, made for Gnome Tag.