Recipe by cookalot #2
I usually add some unroasted garlic for a kick. Also I will add some pepper flakes. This recipe uses yogurt and sesame oil. Serve with grilled pita bread rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with cumin.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper (I use less)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut top 1/4 off head off garlic; remove any loose papery skin.
- Place garlic cut side down on foil in baking pan.
- Roast in 375 oven for 45 minute.
- Let cool 10 minute.
- Place chickpeas in food processor and chop.
- Add lemon juice, oil, cumin, pepper, and garlic squeezed out of skins.
- Puree until smooth, adding yogurt.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.