Recipe by CarolAT
This dip combines the delicate nutty flavor of roasted garlic with a medley of fresh herbs. Recipe comes from the Williams-Sonoma kitchens. Prep time includes baking and refrigeration times.
Top Review by momaphet
I had high expectations for this dip as I love roasted garlic, but for me it was just ok. I cut the recipe in half and used all ingredients as written, but there was nowhere near 1 1/2 cups of dip and what there was was so mayonaiseey in texture that I added 2 oz of cream cheese to bulk it up a little, even then I end up with on 3/4 of a cup of dip. I kept wondering if there were missing ingredients. The flavor of the roasted garlic and herbs are very bold and with the base this is very rich so it's not something you want to eat a lot of - so I guess it was good that it didn't make as much as the recipe states. I took this to a 4th of July party (many garlic lovers) and 1/2 of it came home : ( Maybe some tweaking will help. Thanks Carol for sharing your recipe. Reviewed for ZWT 4 Zingo
- 4 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chips, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the tops of the garlic heads and rub the cut surface with the olive oil. Put the garlic in a garlic roaster or on a baking sheet. Arrange the rosemary and thyme springs on or around the garlic. Cover the garlic roaster with the lid or the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Roast until the garlic cloves are soft and lightly browned, about 1 1/4 hours. Let cool completely.
- Squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves into the container of a blender or into a deep bowl. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped rosemary, thyme and parsley, the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Using the blender, blend until well combined. Cover the dip with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the dip with chips.