Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My favorite way to serve this spread is to smear it on lightly toasted bakery-fresh sourdough bread, however, any bread would be delightful. I have not tried using in place of a typical garlic bread spread, but I bet it would be fantastic. I also have not tried it with other herbs, but there's a lot of room for creativity here. All measurements are approximations, and are always adjusted for taste and consistency. This simply made concoction will have everyone thinking you are a culinary genius!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Seperate garlic into individual cloves.
- Place cloves on sheet of tinfoil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap cloves tightly in foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- While garlic is roasting, mince fresh herbs.
- Unwrap tinfoil and let cloves cool.
- Squeeze cloves out of paper casing into bowl.
- Mash together with fork or whisk butter, roasted garlic and herbs.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to three days, bringing to room temperature before serving.
A very good garlic herb butter! It has become a regular on our table since I first made it. It has a wonderful flavor that will please everyone.
This is another recipe that graced our appetizer table. We doubled the garlic (we have some "serious" garlic lovers here. A wonderful butter that we are going to make again to put on vegetables. A real winner, Sitka Sound.
This is one of those recipes I don`t have to make to rate because of my own recipe I have very close to this check out the picture at Roasted Garlic, Herb Butter #88873. I must say this is just great. This is great on veggies to fish, chicken, steak. Not just bread!