- 1 head garlic
- 3 -4 small new potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top third off of each head of garlic with a serrated knife.
- Spread out a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Pile up the potatoes, garlic heads, and rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Kosher salt and coarse-ground black pepper.
- Gather the ends of the foil and fold them over.
- Roll up the ends and crimp to seal the foil package up.
- Pierce a few times with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Toss the packet on the back of the grill while you're prepping and cooking the rest of the food.
- This dish needs at least 40 minutes to cook (will vary with heat), but will do well on the grill for a very long time.
- Just don't keep it in the middle of the fire.
- Open packet carefully to avoid steam burns.
- Serve potatoes and garlic as a side dish or appetizer, along with crostonis or grilled bread.
- If you like, drizzle the potatoes with a bit more olive oil.