Recipe by gailanng
An excellent tip: Adding the pit will help keep the guacamole from discoloring, This is best made at the last minute.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 jalapenos, roasted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the avocados, removing two of the pits and setting aside the third. With a large spoon, scoop out the flesh into a medium glass bowl.
- Over a cutting board, squeeze the head of roasted garlic to remove the cloves. Roughly chop them, and set aside. Halve the roasted and peeled jalapenos, removing the top and some or all of the seeds, depending how hot you like your guacamole (the seeds have a lot of the heat). Roughly chop the flesh and set aside.
- Mash together the avocado mixture with a fork. To this, add the onion, cilantro, tomatoes (if you are using them), half of the garlic, and half of the jalapeños and combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and half of the lemon juice. Mix well. Place the reserved pit on top, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes. (Adding the pit will help keep the guacamole from discoloring).