Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just made roasted garlic on the weekend and had some left in the fridge so I threw some things together to help me make a dent in the leftovers. I make it on my health grill to avoid using fat but you could always make it in a frying pan with butter.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (or some mozzarella and gorgonzola)
- 1 roasted garlic clove, smashed
- Spread both sides of bread with roasted garlic.
- Place cheese in between the two slices.
- Place on health grill or fry with butter until cheese is melted.
Grilled cheese yum! Roasted garlic yum! Your marriage of two earns a double yum! Had one nice clove of roast garlic left over from last night and was tickled when I stumbled on to this tasty recipe just begging for my one clove. Thanks for the new twist on an old standby.
A great way to jazz up a regular old grilled cheese sandwich. I used real light old cheddar (therefore more than one slice), I would love to have a health grill, but therefore toasted them in a frying pan with a very very small amount of non-hydrogenated margarine. Thanks for a yummy twist on an old fav!!