Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This is a delicious gravy that is great with your Sunday roast. Try Roasted Garlic Paste for roasting the garlic.
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon diced celery
- 1⁄4 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart turkey stock
- salt and pepper
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter and sweat (cook without any color until translucent) yellow onion, carrot and celery.
- Add garlic and honey, the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and flour and cook until the flour is golden brown.
- Add stock and bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer for one hour whisking every 15 minutes.
- Consistency could get thicker than desired, so add warm water or stock to keep desired consistency.
- Take hand mixer and pulse gravy while simmering to blend veggies well into the gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.