1 hr 45 mins
Recipe courtesy From Emeril's Kitchens, by Emeril Lagasse. Different way of preparing chicken and best part is that it's all done in 1 or 2 pans depending on how large of an oven proof skillet you have. The herbs and the garlic glaze are just heavenly to smell and devour. This was a huge hit in my home and even the kid enjoyed it. Prep time includes the 1 hour for roasting the garlic as this can be done ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Chicken
- 4 chicken legs (leg & thigh separated)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning here on zaar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
For the Roasted Garlic Glaze
- 3 heads garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1For the Roasted Garlic Glaze:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Cut off the top third of each head of garlic.
- 4Put them on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the tops, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 5Turn the garlic cut side down and roast until the cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- 6Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- 7Into a food processor squeeze each head of garlic gently to release the flesh.
- 8Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and puree on high speed.
- 9Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oil in a slow, steady stream and process until the glaze is thick and smooth.
- 10Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 11(The glaze can be made up to 1 day in advance).
- 12For the Chicken:.
- 13Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 14Separate the legs& thighs.
- 15Season the chicken on both sides with the Essence.
- 16Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large ovenproof skillets over medium-high heat.
- 17Place the chicken pieces skin side down in the hot pans and sear for 6 minutes.
- 18Remove from the heat.
- 19Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 sprigs of thyme to each pan, and place in the oven.
- 20Roast for 16 minutes.
- 21Remove from the oven and carefully turn the chicken halves with tongs.
- 22Brush the skin side of each chicken with the garlic glaze and roast skin side up until the skin is crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
- 23For the Lemon Herb Sauce:.
- 24In a small saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- 25Transfer to a blender or food processor.
- 26Add the mustard and process on high speed.
- 27With the motor running, add the lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs, and process until smooth.
- 28Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic-Glazed Chicken With Lemon-Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.6
- Calories from Fat 730
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 223.3 mg
- Sodium 825.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence
mixed fresh herbs