1 hr 10 mins
This soup is so easy. I usually make it up once every couple weeks and freeze it and its ready for a quick, light lunch or a side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 3Brush cut surfaces with vegetable oil and place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- 4Scatter garlic cloves in center of pan (you may need two pans).
- 5Bake until potatoes are very soft, about 25-60 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes.
- 6Scoop out potato pulp from skins and place in a blender (you may need to do this in several batches depending on the size of your blender and the size of the sweet potato).
- 7Squeeze garlic cloves from their skin (use to taste, I used about 2), and place in blender with ginger.
- 8Whirl potatoes, adding broth slowly as needed to produce a puree.
- 9Transfer puree to a large pot and stir in remaining broth and water until desired thickness (as you heat the soup it will thicken so you may need to add more water as it heats).
- 10Heat over medium low, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, until hot.
- 11Soup keeps well frozen or in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Ginger Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g