1/2 Photos of Roasted Garlic Gambas
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
If I'm stuffed from having just had dinner and I could STILL eat a serving of this, there must be something....right! Serving size is dependent upon whether you use this as an appetizer or main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads roasted garlic (the paste)
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined with tail removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons leeks, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- lemon juice, to taste
- finely chopped parsley, to garnish
- 1When cool, squeeze roasted garlic paste from bulbs into large bowl.
- 2Add shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, leeks and paprika, then gently mix.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium-high.
- 4Add shrimp mixture to the pan and stir fry, working quickly. When the shrimp start to turn pink, deglaze with vermouth, white wine or sherry.
- 5Rapidly sauté this mixture at high heat until wine reduces and alcohol cooks away, keeping in mind not to overcook (i.e. toughen) the shrimp. The garlic paste will cause the sauce to take on a creamy consistency.
- 6Before serving, add a sprinkle of either lemon or orange juice allowing the spray from the citrus oil to also fall into the serving dish.
- 7Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- 8Serve as an appetizer or as a main dish over rice -- or in a plastic bowl at 2:15 am over the sink or however and whenever you like!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Gambas
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 47.2 g