- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 green onions (white parts only)
- 2 tablespoons herb-flavored vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush garlic cloves well with 1 teaspoon of oil, reserve remaining oil. Roast garlic in baking pan until golden and soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully so garlic does not get over brown. Remove and cool.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel garlic and combine pulp with reserved oil and remaining ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth and use to dress any mixed green salad.