Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. I needed someplace to write this down so I can try it soon!
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped pickle, whatever you like
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Garlic Paste use 1/2 cup
- 1 large fresh head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take a piece of aluminum foil. Place garlic on foil and drizzle with oil and salt. Wrap up garlic and roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until soft and caramelized. Cool to the touch.
- Squeeze garlic clove, removing edible part. Mash clove until you have a smooth mash. Use 1/2 cup in following step of the recipe.
- Mix mustard and garlic mash together in a bowl. Add thyme, chopped pickle, juice of pickle and pepper to mustard mixture and mix well. Refrigerate. Serving suggestion: Burgers with grilled onions, portobello mushrooms and sauce to top.