1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
Literary Mom's Note:
Lightly sweet and savoury with a delicate but addicting flavor. The original recipe called for currants and almonds, but since I didn't have either, I came up with this winning variation. Prep time doesn't include soaking the cranberries or refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Macerate, i.e.soften, the cranberries by soaking in water (or rum to add a touch of flavor) for 20-30 minutes.
- 2Microwaving briefly might also work.
- 3Bring the cream cheese to room temperature (leave out or microwave 30-60 seconds) unless it's whipped.
- 4Make garlic into paste (squeeze out of skins and mash) Mix garlic paste and cranberries into cream cheese.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste (those who prefer sweet to savory may also want to add a teaspoon of sugar or another sweetener).
- 6Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 7Serve with crackers or in tea sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.4
- Calories from Fat 703
- Total Fat 78.1 g
- Saturated Fat 43.8 g
- Cholesterol 249.9 mg
- Sodium 740.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g