Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- canola oil or nonstick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- seasoning salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 medium carrots, sliced thin or 1 large carrot
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced thin (sweet potato can be substituted)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil (or any other herb of choice)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons champagne or 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 2 1/2 foot long piece of foil in a 9"x13" baking pan. Coat top of foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in middle of foil. Sprinkle tops with pepper and seasoning salt to taste if desired. Add olive oil to small cup. Peel garlic cloves and dip in oil. Drop 3 garlic cloves evenly over each chicken breast.
- Lay onion slices over the chicken. Then spread carrots over the onion and potato slices over the carrots. Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle top with chervil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top, then drizzle with wine.
- Fold foil over to wrap chicken and vegetable mixture up well. Bake for 1 hour. Cut into center of chicken to make sure chicken is cooked throughout. To double this recipe, make two foil wrapped chicken and vegetable packages. They will both fit in the 9"x13" baking pan. They will still bake for 1 hour. To serve, make sure every portion has a chicken breast and a sampling of the various vegetables. Drizzle some of the juices over the top.
- Per serving: 321 calories, 31 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 110 mg sodium (seasoning salt is optional). Calories from fat: 19%.
This was great - the flavours were amazing! My chicken ended up a little dry (though I might have just overcooked it) but even so, the vegetables did help make up for it. I would probably serve with steamed green beans on the side next time.