Recipe by dsptchr_911
This is a quick & easy recipe that is full of flavor. It can be served alone or over rice. This recipe was passed on to me by a friend a few years ago and has been in my head ever since. I am finally putting it in writing, hope everyone enjoys it!
Top Review by Katie-kat
Very, very tasty! Simple to make and wonderful flavor.Like the other reviewers, I couldn't find Swanson roasted garlic broth, so I used plain broth and added some fresh chopped garlic with the onions. My first time making this recipe, I made the mistake of using Tony Chachere's instead of seasoning salt and the chicken was almost too salty to eat! Next time I just omitted the seasoning salt and it still came out delicious!
- 4 chicken breasts (trimmed of fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Season-All salt
- 1 (14 ounce) canswanson roasted garlic chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat, add onions and saute for two minutes. More butter can be used if desired.
- Add chicken and season with pepper and season all to taste. Cook until no longer pink.
- Using a knife, cut a few small slits in each chicken breast. This will allow the flavor to absorb into the chicken.
- Poor chicken broth over the chicken and simmer for at least 15 minutes, turning occasionally to avoid scorching. More seasoning can be added while simmering if desired. If serving over rice, prepare rice while chicken is simmering.