- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic heads (approx 25 cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt. Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet and saute chicken for 15 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Place onion, celery, carrots and parsley in the bottom of a large ovenproof casserole. Layer chicken over veggies. Tuck garlic cloves between chicken pieces. Pour wine and water over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme, basil, rosemary and oregano.
- Cover casserole and bake 1 1/2 hours. Don't lift the cover and cooking time is complete.