Cook1 hr 15 mins
Easy and creamy, this makes a great snack or appetizer to serve to guests.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Cheese Spread recipe from Food.com.
- Note- If using salted butter, lower amount of salt used or omit.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut off top third of garlic head without peeling away papery skin.
- Drizzle top of garlic with olive oil until it is saturated.
- Place garlic cut side down in a ovenproof ramekin dish or baking pan.
- Roast for 60-75 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- When slightly cooled, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves and place in a mini-food processor (or may place in a bowl to whisk by hand).
- Add softened cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper to mini-processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Place in a serving/storage dish and blend in snipped chives (if using).
- Serve softened spread with assorted crackers.
Delicious! This went perfectly as a spread/dip for flatbread. I made 2 changes, however. I doubled the garlic and omitted the butter. I think I will make it just like that next time, too. Thanks for the great recipe!
There isn't much more you can expect from roast garlic and cheese except brilliance, and this is just that...I have to go and make some more now as I know in this house it wont last long.
This got rave reviews! Didn't have chives, but still so tasty. Thank you!