Recipe by Sue Lau
Easy and creamy, this makes a great snack or appetizer to serve to guests.
Top Review by Jen in Victoria, BC
Delicious! This went perfectly as a spread/dip for flatbread. I made 2 changes, however. I doubled the garlic and omitted the butter. I think I will make it just like that next time, too. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (amount approximate)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives (optional; amount to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note- If using salted butter, lower amount of salt used or omit.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut off top third of garlic head without peeling away papery skin.
- Drizzle top of garlic with olive oil until it is saturated.
- Place garlic cut side down in a ovenproof ramekin dish or baking pan.
- Roast for 60-75 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- When slightly cooled, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves and place in a mini-food processor (or may place in a bowl to whisk by hand).
- Add softened cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper to mini-processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Place in a serving/storage dish and blend in snipped chives (if using).
- Serve softened spread with assorted crackers.