1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, and Brie Pizza
1 hr 5 mins
This pizza is a good balance of sweet from the onions, cheese, and garlic, and the spice of the crushed red pepper flakes. Note: You can make the roasted garlic and onions ahead of time and store in the refrigerator if you are pressed for time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- red pepper flakes (can add more if you like it hotter)
- brie cheese
- 1To roast garlic:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Cut off the bottom of the garlic and drizzle with 1 tsp EVOO.
- 4Wrap in foil and roast about 45-50 minutes are until golden.
- 5Meanwhile To caramelize onions:.
- 6Preheat a large pot (preferably cast iron) on medium high heat.
- 7Melt butter and 2 Tb EVOO.
- 8Add sliced onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions become tender. Then add the sugar. Continue cooking until the onions become golden brown (about 30 or more minutes). Make sure you stir the onions often.
- 9Meanwhile saute the sliced mushrooms.
- 11Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 12Drizzle crust with a little EVOO.
- 13Mash roasted garlic into a paste and spread on crust.
- 14Scatter carmelized onions and mushrooms on top.
- 15Sprinkle red pepper flakes (be careful not to add too much).
- 16Top with sliced Brie and bake about 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, and Brie Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.2
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 914.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pizza crusts