Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another favorite from my summertime recipes folder, you will love this dressing! You can use 1/4 cup mayonnaise and a 1/4 cup yogurt if desired, or use all mayo... all ingredients may be doubled, this dressing is even better if prepared a day ahead! Prep time does not include roasting the garlic.
- 1 whole roasted garlic clove (about 2 tablespoons, or to taste)
- 2 anchovy fillets (or to taste, I would start with two!)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard (I use Hellman's Dijonnaise mustard)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use vegetable or Canola oil also)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Place the roasted garlic in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, and process until well combined.
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
This is not what I would call a Caesar dressing. We used a whole head of roasted garlic, and followed the recipe with good quality ingredients, and all it tasted like balsamic vinegar. Very disappointing. Will use as a glaze for chicken but making a new batch of dressing.
Very tasty! I used a whole head of garlic by mistake but I am a garlic lover and it's so mellow when roasted. I also used no fat greek yogurt. Will definitely make it again.
Everyone really likes this dressing - a good low calorie, low fat alternative to traditional caesar dressing. I sometimes use raw garlic instead of roasted, have left out the anchovy although I believe it is better with and I use anchovy paste. Also, I often use low fat or no-fat yogurt. A keeper.