Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great spread to have around. Wonderful spread on thick toasted (or grilled) bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut about a half inch off the top of the garlic bulb.
- Place the bulb in a small baking dish. Drizzle the top with the olive oil.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour.
- Set the butter out to soften as you put the garlic in the oven.
- When the garlic is done, let it cool enough to handle. You should be able to just squeeze the cloves out of the husk.
- Put the softened butter and the garlic cloves in a mixing bowl, and mix together until thoroughly integrated.
- To store, scrape the mixture onto a piece of parchment or wax paper, roll into a fat, sausage shaped log, and the twist the ends shut.
Lindsey 11/26/15 - I added Thyme to this recipe for my turkey. I put the butter under the skin of the breast. I rubbed the outside along with salt and better. Our family raved. The turkey was so moist, tender and the flavor was out of bounds. Thank you
Hubby devoured an entire loaf of French Bread with this garlic butter. I used Recipe #96412 for the roasted garlic and was looking for ways to use it. This was perfect. Thanks for a savory spread that makes everything better.