1 hr 10 mins
Roasting the garlic mellows the flavor and give natural, caramelized, sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Clean dirt and roots from garlic, place garlic in the center of a 10x10-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- 3Pour olive oil over garlic, wrap with foil and roast in oven for 60 minutes.
- 4While garlic is roasting, cut butter into chunks and place in a medium bowl--this will expedite the softening process.
- 5Once butter is softened, add sugar and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- 6Garlic should be soft when you remove it from the oven, peel back foil and let cool till you can handle it.
- 7Pull garlic head apart and squeeze the garlic out of the cloves into another small bowl.
- 8Allow to cool till warm to the touch.
- 9mash roasted garlic paste with a fork, mix with butter and beat for a few moments until combined.
- 10Lasts several weeks in the fridge!
- 11Slather this on Italian bread and place under the broiler until lightly browned for the best garlic bread that you've ever had.
- 13Add some crushed red pepper for a bit of zing.
- 14Add some fresh herbs for a greener taste (but use it within a day).
- 15Add some Italian seasoning.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g