Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasting the garlic mellows the flavor and give natural, caramelized, sweetness.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean dirt and roots from garlic, place garlic in the center of a 10x10-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- Pour olive oil over garlic, wrap with foil and roast in oven for 60 minutes.
- While garlic is roasting, cut butter into chunks and place in a medium bowl--this will expedite the softening process.
- Once butter is softened, add sugar and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Garlic should be soft when you remove it from the oven, peel back foil and let cool till you can handle it.
- Pull garlic head apart and squeeze the garlic out of the cloves into another small bowl.
- Allow to cool till warm to the touch.
- mash roasted garlic paste with a fork, mix with butter and beat for a few moments until combined.
- Lasts several weeks in the fridge!
- Slather this on Italian bread and place under the broiler until lightly browned for the best garlic bread that you've ever had.
- Add some crushed red pepper for a bit of zing.
- Add some fresh herbs for a greener taste (but use it within a day).
- Add some Italian seasoning.
Waaaaaaaay too much sugar.
The sugar is SO not needed. I found that after all my work of roasting and obtaining the roasted garlic, I only ruined it with the sugared butter. Tasted like garlic butter with a ton of sugar. Sorry, but absolutely will not make again.
The basic recipe is good. My changes were adding 1 tbl. sugar (will pare that down to 1 tsp. next time), 1 tbl. garlic powder and 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning (will put in 2 tsp. next time). My brother fell in love with this. Last night he spread it over some baked cod and he said it turned a boring piece of fish into a five star restaurant fish. Thanks so much for the great basic recipe!