1/4 Photos of Roasted Garlic Burger
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A definite guy-pleasing burger. Mellow roasted garlic seasons the meat and the finished burger rests in a nest inside a "bun" of crusty bread. Quick to put together if you make the Roasted Garlic Paste ahead. The garlic recipe will leave you with extra for other uses. Prep and cook times include both garlic and burger recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Roasted Garlic Paste
- 1 lb ground chuck
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic paste
- 1 loaf good crusty bread, cut into 2 sections just big enough to surround the burger with a 1/2 inch border
- 1Roasted Garlic Paste: Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Remove any loose papery skins from the outside of the garlic heads; cut off the top 1/3 of the heads to open the cloves; set aside for another use; place the heads in a small baking dish, cut sides up; pour olive oil over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover the dish tightly and bake until 3/4 done, about 45 minutes; uncover and continue to bake another 15 minutes or until the cloves begin to pop out of their skins and brown; cool.
- 4Squeeze the cloves out of their skins into a bowl; add the oil from the baking dish and mix well, forming a paste.
- 5Store, refrigerated, up to one week.
- 6Burgers: Mix the hamburger, salt, pepper and garlic; form 2 burgers, 3" thick, to a size that will fit inside the bread with a 1/2" border all the way around.
- 7Split the 2 bread sections and pull out some of the soft center from both sides to make a nest for the burger; toast the cut sides under the broiler or on a grill.
- 8Broil or grill burgers to desired doneness; place in bread nest and add condiments of choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Burger
Serving Size: 1 (1032 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1816.4
- Calories from Fat 731
- Total Fat 81.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 1597.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 78.8 g