Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was one of the Calling All Cooks recipes from the FoodTV network. Garlicky delicious.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 bunch basil, leaves chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap up garlic and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove roasted garlic from the oven, remove peel and puree until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator to rest and cool.
- When cool, combine with softened cream cheese.
- Slice bread, 1/2 inch thick, on the bias.
- Toast the bread slightly and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toast and sprinkle lightly with half of the Romano.
- Return to oven to warm the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Romano.
- Scatter basil on top of the bruschetta and serve.
Simply delicious. Maybe used a bit more garlic then stated. Also mixed up the tomatoes and basil with some olive oil. For the two of us this was too much to use up in one go. What was left of the cream cheese mix has been used up on sandwiches.
Made half a recipe and was solo good with the roasted garlic. Served with shrimp burgers and salad.
Delicious and so easy!!!! Made for CQ 2014.