Recipe by La Dilettante
Don't be afraid of the amount of garlic---roasting really mellows the strong flavor!
- 1 head garlic, roasted (about 9-10 cloves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces brie cheese, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (edible rind included)
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped (including tops)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast whole head of garlic by slicing off the top of to expose tips, and coating entire head with olive oil. Wrap in foil and roast at 350 for about 30 minutes, until very soft. Cool and set aside,.
- Blend softened cream cheese with the chunks of cold Brie, season to taste, and blend in garlic. Place in refrigerator until firm.
- Saute' green onions and pecans in butter until onions are "frizzled" and nearly caramelized. Cool.
- Roll cheese ball in onions and pecans, and allow to come to room temperature before serving.