1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic Bread
Diamond Joe's Note:
Nothing compliments Sunday Dinner better than garlic bread! This is a bit of a twist on a classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 and cut garlic bread in half horizontally, place on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- 2remove all of the garlic bulbs from the head and pop them from their skin. Arrange them on a seperate piece of aluminum foil and drizzle them in extra virgin olive oil.
- 3fold the foil over so it makes a pouch and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the garlic turns gold and soft. Remove from oven and cool.
- 4Mash the garlic(it should be soft now) or pulse it in the food processor. Mix the paste with the room temperature butter until evenly mixed. Refrigerate it at this point for 30 minutes. Make sure its mixed very well.
- 5Coat the sliced bread in extra virgin olive oil and bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is slightly crispy, not toasted. Let cool slightly.
- 6Spread the roasted garlic butter on the bread. Sprinkle the basil and cheeses on the bread and bake for 12-15 minutes or until toasted.
- 7Serve with your favorite Italian meal.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1884.9
- Calories from Fat 1031
- Total Fat 114.6 g
- Saturated Fat 68.0 g
- Cholesterol 280.5 mg
- Sodium 2289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 45.0 g