Chef mariajane's Note:
An elegant meal perfect for entertaining can be easy and quick - the beef and polenta is a terrific example.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 10% half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups 18% table cream, divided
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 beef steaks, tenderloin medallions each about 2-inches thick
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canadian parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F '.
- 2In a deep saucepan, bring 1 cup of the cream and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Meanwhile, in an ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, reduce heat to medium-low and sauté for about 5 minutes or until golden; transfer half to a bowl, set skillet aside.
- 4Mash reserved garlic with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in bowl; stir into boiling cream mixture.
- 5Gradually pour in cornmeal, while stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for about15 minutes or until polenta is thick.
- 6Meanwhile, return skillet, with garlic, to high heat; heat until sizzling. Season beef medallions with salt and pepper; add to skillet and sear each side for 1 minute.
- 7Transfer to oven and roast for about 15 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
- 8Transfer beef to a warmed plate; tent with foil.
- 9Return skillet to medium-high heat and pour in wine; boil, scraping up brown bits for 1 minute.
- 10Whisk flour into remaining cream, gradually whisk into skillet. Simmer, whisking for about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Stir Parmesan and basil into polenta and divide among serving plates; place beef on top and spoon sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Beef Tenderloin Medallions on Soft Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: