Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a favorite WW recipe, this one is even lower in calories, but still really filling.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic & Baked Potato Soup (Low Cal) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap garlic and potatoes separately in foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, remove from oven and wait until they all cool enough to handle.
- Unwrap garlic and squeeze pulp into crock pot or large soup pan.
- Peel potatoes and add to pot, mashing until smooth and combined with the garlic.
- Gradually stir in broth, and seasonings and set soup stay over medium heat until piping hot.