Recipe by Billiebcc
This a rich creamy dip that my whole family loves, especially come football season. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or bread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 heads garlic
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- olive oil
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel away the outer layers of the heads of garlic. Leaving the skins of the individual cloves of garlic intact. Cut off 1/4 to 1/2 off an inch of the top of the bulb of garlic, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place cut side up on a square of tinfoil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Wrap the foil around the head of garlic and place on a baking sheet in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool just enough to handle the garlic, then squeeze each clove out.
- Beat together the package of softened cream cheese and the sour cream with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the roasted garlic and crumbled bacon and mix with electric mixer until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours until flavors are well blended.