Roasted Garlic & Bacon Alfredo Sauce
- Cook linguine until just barely tender, then drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add cream cheese to the melted butter (this is to help thicken the sauce, if you omit it you'll have to spend more time simmering the sauce to thicken it) and stir until melted.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream then add remaining ingredients while continuing to stir until well blended.
- The longer you stir and simmer, the thicker the sauce will become; the preference is yours.
- Toss sauce with the linguine, sprinkle parsley over the top and serve warm.
- If you don't know how to roast garlic I'm sure you'll find an excellent recipe here on Zarr; for a 'meaty' meal, try adding cooked shrimp, chicken, crab, or mushrooms.