Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe in the newspaper recently and I think it's great!
Make and share this Roasted-Garlic Avocado Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Chinese eggplant, cut in-half lengthwise and sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken, cook and cut into cubes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 16 slices (ripe)
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all vegetables in a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, blend 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour the blended ingredients over the vegetables and toss until covered well.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes stirring twice.
- Cook pasta and put aside.
- Cook and cut chicken and put aside Remove vegetables from the oven and pour the remaining balsamic vinegar over the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, chicken, chicken broth. Portion into 8 pasta bowls.
- Put two slices avocado and a fresh basil leaf on each one.