Recipe by Sue Lau
I love roasted garlic and this is a great way to put some of it to use!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This is a good recipe. There is a complex set of flavors that go well together. My DH made this for dinner last night. He learned how to roast garlic for this recipe. He followed the ingredients per recipe but forgot and didn't add the chives. This is made for the Aust/NZ swap.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic paste
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and roasted garlic paste until smooth, adding more oil if it is too thick.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus pieces with roasted garlic mixture until coated and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle asparagus with parmesan cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with snipped chives.