Recipe by Lambkyns
A nice change from pizza with tomato sauce. Can be used as a main course or as an appetizer. (Prep time does not include roasting garlic, which can take 1hr. - I buy this "ready roasted" at the deli)
- 1 prepared 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 head roasted garlic (**directions follow)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to your taste (omit if not to your liking)
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, works too
- 1⁄2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cup into 1/8 ths
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread garlic on dough.
- Top with 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and all of the proscuitto.
- Arrange artichoke hearts on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400F until cheese melts and begins to bubble (10 to 15 min).
- Cut top off pointed end of garlic bulbs.
- Place on shiny side of aluminum foil and wrap.
- Bake at 400F for 1 hour or until tender.
- Puree or mash (can be frozen up to 3 months).