I'm always on the lookout for different kinds of savoury jellies. This one is great-from the local newspaper.
- * To roast garlic: Cut off top of bulb, drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until soft.
- Place wine and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Bring to a full boil on high heat and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
- Stir for a few minutes until pectin starts to set and the garlic is distributed evenly.
- Pour into warm, sterilized jars, filling up to 1/4 inch and seal with sterilized snap lids.