1/2 Photos of Roasted Garlic and Vegetable Soup with Pasta
1 hr 15 mins
Leona L.'s Note:
Very yummy soup! Good for what ails you! Low cal, easy to make. Recipe came from Prevention Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic head, seperated and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (sodium reduced)
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded escarole (, I use Kale "or" Spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup small shell pasta (shells, macaroni etc)
- salt (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Allow garlic to sit for 15 mins.
- 3Then wrap garlic in foil and place in a small casserole.
- 4Bake 45 to 50 mins or until soft when squeezed.
- 5Warm oil in a soup pot over med heat.
- 6Add onions and peppers.
- 7saute 5 mins, add broth, water, carrots, tomato paste, basil and blk pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, simmer 10 mins.
- 9Remove 1 cup liquid.
- 10Mash garlic into the liquid.
- 11Stir into the pot.
- 12Add escarole (greens) and simmer 7 mins.
- 13Add broccoli, cover and turn off heat.
- 14Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 15Drain and stir into the soup.
- 16Adjust seasonings.
- 17Pour into bowls and pass the parmesan!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Vegetable Soup with Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (2297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 369.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g