Recipe by woodland hues
Enjoyable spring or summer dish...well, anytime of year, really!
Top Review by sugarpea
Two of us put a SERIOUS dent in this 4 serving casserole tonight. Tomatoes and herbs were fresh from the garden and the provolone was the perfect accompaniment. I used my two quart casserole dish and it was full to the top and golden-gorgeous when it came out of the oven in forty minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic, cloves peeled and sliced crosswise thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange tomatoes single layer in 1.
- 5 litre (or quart) casserole dish.
- (If they're quite big in size they can be halved first.).
- Sprinkle on the garlic slices.
- Add oil, seasonings and toss to coat.
- Roast in 425F oven about 20 minutes or until tomato skins start to shrivel.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with provolone cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until puffed and golden.