Roasted Garlic and Sweet Onion Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Slice about 1/4 inch off the pointed end of the garlic bulb so the individual cloves show.
- Place the bulb in a small baking dish, cut side up, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the garlic cloves have softened. Cool.
- Gently squeeze the garlic cloves and juices into a saucepan.
- Stir in the onion, apple, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer about 30 minutes or until the onion and apple have softened and turned transparent and the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.