Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use this with the Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Loin recipe, previously posted. This is from the "Better Homes and Gardens 2002 Annual Recipes" collection.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Slice about 1/4 inch off the pointed end of the garlic bulb so the individual cloves show.
- Place the bulb in a small baking dish, cut side up, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the garlic cloves have softened. Cool.
- Gently squeeze the garlic cloves and juices into a saucepan.
- Stir in the onion, apple, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer about 30 minutes or until the onion and apple have softened and turned transparent and the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
Heavenly stuffed in the pork loin. DH loved it.
This is absolutely fantastic if you love garlic.