Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A "semi-homemade" recipe. Start with a boxed pasta salad mix and add from there. For more Mediterranean flavor, add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages roasted garlic, parmesan pasta salad (the mix from a box by Kraft)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced celery (about 4 medium stalks)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jarmarinated sun-dried tomatoes, patted, diced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta from salad mix to water. Reduce heat to medium. Boil gently 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain; rinse with cold water and shake to remove excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, in very large bowl, combine seasoning mix from salad mix, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and salt; blend well.
- Add chicken, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, onions and bell pepper.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill, or until serving time.
- Just before serving, sprinkle contents of topping packets from salad mix over salad.