1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Pesto
1 hr 45 mins
A recipe I found when wanting to tweak a savory cheesecake recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel away dry outer skin from garlic head.
- 2Leave skins of garlic cloves intact.
- 3Cut off pointed top portion with a knife, leaving the head intact but exposing the individual cloves.
- 4Place garlic head, cut side up, in small baking dish.
- 5Drizzle with oil; cover and set aside.
- 6Halve the sweet peppers; remove stem, membranes and seeds.
- 7Place peppers, cut sides down, on foil lined baking sheet.
- 8Bake peppers and covered garlic in a 425 oven 20-25 minutes or until pepper skins are bubbly and blackened.
- 9Remove peppers.
- 10Place peppers in a clean brown paper bag and seal.
- 11Let stand 20-30 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle.
- 12Continue baking garlic 20-35 minutes more until garlic cloves feel soft when pressed.
- 13Set garlic aside to cool.
- 14Using a sharp knife, carefully peel peppers.
- 15Cut peppers into pieces.
- 16Remove garlic head from oil, reserve oil.
- 17Press to remove garlic paste from the individual cloves.
- 18In food processor bowl or blender container combine roasted pepper pieces, garlic paste, reserved oil, Asiago or Parmesan cheese, black pepper and salt.
- 19Cover and process with several on-off turns until smooth.
- 20When necessary, stop food processor or blender and use a rubber scraper to scrape the side of bowl or container.
- 21Stir in thyme.
- 22To store, place in airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- 23To serve, bring pesto to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: