Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
My favorite recipe for hummus.
Top Review by Patchwork Dragon
I couldn't get any tahini so I had to leave it out and I subbed toasted sesame oil for the olive oil in the hope of caputuring some of the flavour of the tahini. Loved the flavour of this....the only reason it's got three stars is because I found the texture to be too "loose", would have liked it to be a bit thicker. Don't know whether the tahini might have made that difference.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 head garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast garlic by slicing the top off a head of garlic, wrap it in foil along with some olive oil and bake until soft. (about 45 min at 350 degrees f) This can be done several days in advance.
- Roughly chop the red peppers, saving about a tablespoon for garnish.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into a blender.
- Add peppers, olive oil, tahini,lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and cumin.
- Process until smooth.
- Drain and rinse chick peas, then add to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt using the full tsp if needed.
- Scrape hummus into a small bowl with a lid.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Chop the reserved red pepper and place on the center of the hummus.