Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 large Spanish onions
- 2 head garlic, roasted
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 59.16 ml balsamic vinegar
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a small plate; set aside.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise; peel.
- Cut off ends; cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Coat a 13 inch skillet with cooking spray and set over med. heat.
- Add onions and cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and clear, about 15 minute.
- Add sugars; recover and cook till onions are golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and stir.
- Cover and cook till dark brown, about 20-30 minutes, again.
- Add balsamic vinegar, roasted cloves and another 1/4 cup of water, continue cooking till liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Great on a tofu burger with Avacado and lettuce.