1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Danielle Michalski's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a small plate; set aside.
- 2Cut onions in half lengthwise; peel.
- 3Cut off ends; cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- 4Coat a 13 inch skillet with cooking spray and set over med. heat.
- 5Add onions and cover.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and clear, about 15 minute.
- 7Add sugars; recover and cook till onions are golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
- 8Add 1/4 cup water and stir.
- 9Cover and cook till dark brown, about 20-30 minutes, again.
- 10Add balsamic vinegar, roasted cloves and another 1/4 cup of water, continue cooking till liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 12Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 81.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g