Recipe by Kat
A very quick and flavorful dish. If you like pasta, you'll like couscous.
Top Review by Carolyn'skitchen
I have never made couscous before and only eaten the box version a family member served me. I had many zucchini s from the garden and was looking for a couscous recipe to use to stuff. I sautéed some finely chopped onion and diced zucchini and parsley to the recipe. I also roasted the garlic loves beforehand in the toaster oven in foil with olive oil. I used a little thyme, as I find the flavor overpowering if used heavily. Very easy to make, although I still found the taste a bit bland for my taste. My son gives 3 stars and he is 14. If I made again I would use chicken stock for sure, but I think this is a good recipe for what couscous is.
- 295.73 ml water or 295.73 ml broth
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 4.92 ml butter or 4.92 ml margarine (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Topping: In a shallow pan, heat oil.
- Cook garlic until it begins to brown.
- Add rest of spices, cook for 30 second and remove from heat.
- (Alternately, you could use ready made"roasted garlic olive oil", and add the thyme and pepper).
- Mix topping with couscous, serve immediately.