Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Only 3 words are needed to describe these mash potatoes....TO DIE FOR!!!!!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 garlic heads
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 green onions, chopped thinly
- half-and-half cream, to desired consistancy
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Cut the tops off each garlic head and place on tin foil, drizzle oil on top and wrap in foil. Bake for 45 min or until soft. When done cool and take out the garlic and mash it.Set aside.
- Boil potatoes in water until done;drain.Add cream cheese,roasted garlic,butter,green onion,half and half,and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until you have no lumps.
Great mashed potatoes!! I couldnt keep my fork out of them while waiting for everyone to get together for dinner. WalMart didnt have garlic and herb cream cheese so I subbed chive and onion flavored. My head of garlic was going bad so I used about 6 cloves that I had left and threw them in the potatoes to cook. Added 1/2 stick butter and the half and half for wonderful creamy mashed potatoes. These are not diet friendly but taste so good! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.
Made these last night for dinner and they were really good. I didn't have half & half so I just used 2 % milk and it was fine. My DH & children all loved them also. I made these ahead of time then just put them in the oven(9x13 pan) an baked them for about 15 minutes for them to be hot for dinner. They were delicious. Thanks for sharing.