1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic and Herb Dip
Mmmmm Nuuummmmmmmmmmmyy!!!!! Nice served in a hollowed out red or yellow sweet pepper in the centre of a platter of your favourite crudites and/or crackers. (chill time 4 hrs or overnight) from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a sieve with a coffee filter or paper towels, place over a large bowl.
- 2Turn yogurt into sieve and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- 3Refrigerate 4 hours or perferably overnight until very thick.
- 4You should have about 1/4 cup.
- 5turn thickenefd yogurt into a bowl.
- 6Preheat overn to 375f degrees.
- 7Break garlic into cloves (leaving peel on) and place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- 8Drizzle with oil and add about 1/4 inch water.
- 9Bake, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until cloves are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10Squeeze garlic to remove puree; mash.
- 11Stir mashed garlic into thickened yogurt along with mayonnaise, cayenne, herbs, and salt.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until serving or overnight.
- 13Serve with assorted veggies and bread sticks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Herb Dip
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: